Friday, January 27, 2012

Visualize.Me


A while back my dear friend C Town sent me a link to a website where you could upload your résumé information and have a pretty document churned out for you. Unfortunately when she sent it they were just a intro page with nothing to do yet. 

As time went on (like months and possible a year or so) I kept thinking of the site when I would think of my job hunting necessities and finally, after all this time, I am able to say I have successfully signed up and used this site!

I'm going to go on a mini rant before I gush a little... are you ready? Here it goes. I have THE HARDEST time with personal essays and résumés. Some of my friends have the skill down and when I ask what they do or how they managed to put their successes on paper (or make the mundane look even semi interesting) they just breezily say, "oh, you just brag about yourself." 
Ohhhh, my bad. Right. Just brag. Hmmmm. Is there a class on that? 
Seriously though, I'm at the point right now where I need to write a few personal essays and in the back of my mind I know that my résumé could look better and more impressive, even if the content doesn't change. 

So, in response to that rant is a small fix to a part of the problem. Go to visualize.me and you can put all that info in, pick your color scheme and layout and voilà, a handsome résumé is at your disposal. You even have a link that you can send people to. Definitely helpful in the current times where more and more people are working for themselves and/or freelancing and need flexibility in their documents.

So, as of now, I have one place on the internet where my résumé looks like it is properly dressed for a day of work. Fancy, pretty work. 

It reminds me of Legally Blonde, hers is pink and scented... or is that Clueless. Nevermind, I can't send fragrance through these links yet so this will have to suffice!

Am I the only one in constant state of discontent with my résumé?

xoxo

p.s.  here's where you find mine :) visualize.me/butwewillstay

1 comment: