Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Artist's Way: Final Week


Confession: I skipped documenting some of the weeks. I really finished this workbook last week (a week late) and didn't really know what to say at the end of it.
Honest, I still don't.
The benefits are hard to really find at the moment, I don't know if I'm growing as a person because of the book or because I'm getting older and wiser as each situation happens. 
I can say that I've been nicer to myself, I've worked on spending my money more wisely and I don't get on my own case nearly as much as I use to. That might have started happening before this book though.

I know people have a lot of great things happen with this book, or so they say, and I don't regret reading it, but big things didn't happen. Maybe I didn't put enough time or energy into it. Maybe I should have stuck with the morning, or even evening pages. But I didn't and here I sit wondering what magical things were suppose to happen. 

I would like to try again someday with this 3 month (12 week) program. I would like to do it in a group, because I don't feel like posting at the end of the week to here was helpful. It felt boring because when I made it personal it was too personal. There are some things that don't quite translate.

So, do I regret reading this book? Not at all. I write more than I did, I take more pictures, and I am more gentle with myself than I was before. 
Did I have some big life changing epiphany while reading this book and doing the tasks? No. 
Would I recommend it to someone else? Yes. I would like to see what they get out of it in the end.

So there you have it, my thoughts on The Artist's Way.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment