Monday, January 23, 2012

52 photos in 52 weeks: Week 3


This week was full of great pictures. Well, I'll be honest, Sunday was the most full of great pictures because I went on a little adventure... took the Holga 120 out on the town in Encinitas, but the beginning of the week held some good ones and so I could not just pick one.

The one above, my favorite for awe factor, not design or sheer brilliance, is of a man who was waiting for his wife to get through her doctor's appointment. I was waiting on my grandpa to get through his (he's doing okay right now, he is out of the nursing home and back in his home and chair but every day is a gift at this point, especially when it's without blood pressure skyrocketing or any slips) and I saw him sitting there reading a book, just like I was (though, in all fairness, I was reading on my iphone...). I had to snap a picture. More cute (and strange) older gents later...

My other favorites are as follows:








One - I take notes and make passages in books, I've started keeping a little notebook of all my thoughts and quotations this year. Mostly for business/self help/etc books. Nice to refer back to. :)
Two - End. One of my favorite broken down buildings in Encinitas. They more recently put gates around it which is a bummer, I would have loved to go up the stairs and such. I figure it was an apartment building at one point. Don't know what happened since.
Three - My first favorite broken down building... or at least the address.
Four - It's a school in great need of repair. It's been closed off for years and there have been people working on it or in the fenced off school yard for the past three years but nothing seems to change from where I can see. How big of trouble would I get in if I jumped the fence? I mean, all I want to do is take pictures. Not even to sell...
Five - Boats without motors. House boats. I think these things are just so cute. I guess the city was trying to get them torn down because they aren't up to city codes or something (probably blocking someone's view... ugh) but the people prevailed and the boats shall stay another day. Aren't they cute?!
Six - I figure that these tiles were made by kids in junior high at the oldest but there's one talking about the gangster (not gangsta) of love. Made me chuckle.
Seven - The side of the cutest little post office in Leucadia. It's tiny, sooo tiny. Probably been there for so long, but the paint looks fresh and people still use it. I love it so.

As promised I'm going to leave you with more older gent pictures...


One: Cuuuutest couple. The woman was scared about some tests she was suppose to be getting, the husband was teasing her but you could tell it was in love, not in any way mean like my grandpa is to my grandma. I figured he was way younger than my grandpa but it turns out they are the same age. Sigh.
He was chuckling and she was chuckling and they were both giving each other a hard time about different things. So much spirit and affection. I am crossing my fingers for that kind of relationship at that age.
Two: What I first noticed about this woman was that she had the same kind of walker my grandpa has. Then I noticed the HUGE purse she kept on the seat part, and THEN I noticed the go-go like red boots she was wearing while using the walker. I mean hey, do what you want, but if you think you might need a walker, maybe you shouldn't wear heals? Or carry a purse even larger than mine (which is really, really saying something). But that lady had her sense of style and she wasn't going to budge from it no matter if she needed a walker or anything else. I give her a mental high five for that. Spunk. 

With all this talk of those of a different generation I just have to mention Betty White's Off Their Rockers. I had the great pleasure of seeing some of it last night and oh goodness, I love Betty White so much. So, so much. The show is just awesome. Premise? Older people pranking younger people. Great stuff.

I hope I'm still this excited about this project 30 weeks in!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment