Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Book Needs


Dear Lovely Readers,

Recently I have signed up to be a part of a book club (# 11 on my 25 before 26 list) and I'm really, super incredibly, amazingly (should I find more descriptors?) excited to go to my first meeting half way through February.

Only one little problem. The book that we are to discuss at that point is The Night Circus. Now, I've been meaning to read this book for a while, and have glanced at it longingly while in the Target book aisles (or aisle I should say... the other ones are just trashy novels...) but told myself it wasn't a good idea for the price because I would probably read through it in a day or two.

That being said, I knew when I signed up to go to this meet up that I would need to read this book. So I put my name on the waiting list at the library. I knew it was a popular book but I figured with 6 copies (or more, not sure) that I would probably get the book into my hands pretty soon. I looked at the status today and saw that there are 42 people ahead of me in the line for that book.

Not ideal.

So, I'm putting this out to you dear readers... have you read the book? Do you still have it and not know what to do with it? I will send it back if you send it to me. I will cherish it and take good care. Or we could do a book switch and I could send you something I have... current list being:

Trade for keepsies:
The Help - Kathryn Stockett
Safe Haven - Nicholas Sparks
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - Maya Angelou
One Day - David Nicholls

These I would want back:
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
The History of Love - Nicole Krauss
Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger
If You Have to Cry Go Outside - Kelly Cutrone
Good Omens - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

I know this is a bit of a long shot but let me know! I am trying my darndest to not by any books (over $5) this month and quite possibly for the whole first quarter of the year! I'm starting to go to the library and check out books and read them in a timely fashion and look for others I want, put them on hold and wait for them instead of being impatient and buying them immediately.

Until next time, 

Happy reading!!!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Can you not download the book? My library has e-versions. And sometimes I'm naughty and happen to find copies on the net to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could possibly download it from my library and I will if that's what it comes to closer to the meet up date. But until then I am going to try for a hard copy. I like holding books so much more than reading them on my computer or phone.

      Delete