Thursday, January 5, 2012

My 2012 Non-Goals

How I love shoe-gazing pictures...

As I was spending hours clicking links from blog to blog I happened upon a post that I found very inspiring and motivating. It fit into what I have been working on for the past 3+ months (if not 20 years).

The post was about non-goals for the year. It wasn't a list of things she wasn't going to do, it was a list of things she was already doing well, and things she was proud of herself for. I have not seen anything like this until today. Sometimes I wonder the point of blogging, or spending so much time reading about other people's lives, even more so I wonder about why people even bother reading about my life. But then a post (or many posts) like this come along and I realize again what blogging is about. Sharing. 

I love sharing with my friends that I've had for years, I love meeting new people and sharing with them. I love learning how other people are doing things and seeing if one of their methods also works for me. More and more, day after day, month after month and year after year I am really understanding the proverb that says "It takes a village to raise a child."

While we aren't always in the business of raising children here on the blogs and interwebs, we are helping each other (for the most part, haters gonna hate) figure it all out, or enjoy life without figuring it all out. Whether it be child care or hair care we all have things that we can share or learn.

So anywho, this is a long tangent to introduce my non-goals but I just feel happy and grateful to be a part of a space like this. As tiny as mine is. I really hope in the next year I can grow my little part of the internet and meet more lovely people. 

Without any further ado, my 2012 non-goals

+ You are doing a great job of managing your depression and anxiety... keep up the good work on that. Don't forget that counselors are available and aren't just for the sad. Sometimes it's good to talk to a really impartial (and professional) person.
+ You've stepped it up when it comes to family time. There's still work to do and patience to gain but there has been great improvements made here.
+ Asking for dance classes for Christmas as your ONLY christmas present from Dad's family means there is dedication to an athletic activity. That's awesome. Keep pushing and buying pretty shoes to motivate on the non class days.
+ The room is adorable even without a closet. Yay to investing in some art and frames you really like. Looking at these pieces has brighten your day at least once a week. Totally worth it.
+ So stoked on the tattoos. It has begun. So excited to see what addition will come in the next year.
+ This may sound weird but high five and a pat on the back for testing your party limits. I'm not saying go crazy this next year but always remember this new year's in Mexico as a time where it was worth it to not give a ___ and have fun. 
+ You jumped in a took a photography class. And you love, love, loved it. Here's to more fun art and photography classes in the future!
+ Some beautiful blankets were made this year. Treasures really. Tangible pieces to be incredibly proud of. 


Have you even done non-goals (even if it was called something else)? 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment