Monday, January 30, 2012

52 photos in 52 weeks: Week 4


I'm starting to think that Sundays are going to be my adventure days or something. This is the second time I've cruised around Encinitas taking pictures of things I meant to take pictures of so long ago. Today I had my Rollei with me which was super awesome and fun. I really, really hope that this set of shots comes out even semi decent. I learned a couple new things since the last time I used it so I'm crossing my fingers and toes that at least a couple of the pictures come out how I imagine them. It's not like with the Holga where no matter what you can't expect anything. A Rollei is a fine tuned photographic machine and if the picture doesn't come out quite right it is user error. 

Anyway, the picture above looks distorted to me, like I had a slight fish eye on it but I can assure you that was not the case. Maybe it's the circle of clouds in the middle. My main focus was the Liquor sign. I've driven by that thing I don't even know how many times and always thought it would be a good part of a picture. Finally today magic was made. 

After the liquor store (I didn't buy any alcohol I promise) I went to a part of the railroad tracks and then I went to my high school. Train tracks, always awesome... going to my high school after 8 years... total trip. But more on that another time.


Last but not least, a silly shot. This is what I do when I am awake at 12 or 2 at night. Seriously, I don't even understand how I'm almost 26 sometimes.

So there you have it, week 4. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment