Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Portland Love: Blossoming Lotus





Portland Love is a series in which I take to the streets of Portland, eating at new places, shopping at new shops, smelling old books and doing my best to not get too wet without the use of an umbrella. It's my way of falling in love with this city over and over again while sharing it with you. Enjoy! 


Just in case you are wondering... I have moved away from Portland. I had to decide if I was going to keep posting these or throw them out, but the ones I had left were still so good, I figure if you're ever visiting Portland or live there and haven't visited these places it might be of help. So from now until the new year I will be posting one to two Portland Love posts a week.

:)


I'm not going to lie, this was the first place I went after I thought about the Portland Love concept. Obviously I put on the back burner for a while and sometimes forgot about it. But now, here it is.


Blossoming Lotus changed locations between my living times in Portland. First it was in a yoga center and that's where I fell in love with the food. I think they wanted to grow from being just a little side cafe into a real restaurant though. At least that's the impression I got when I first came to the new location.


Blossoming Lotus is all vegetarian and has a lot of raw/live options. I went to, and fell in like with Blossoming Lotus a couple of times in the old location, usually getting a bowl of brown rice, white beans and kale with peanut sauce. I didn't stray from that order this time either. I'm a creature of habit.
I can't say I remember what Nicole ordered, from the picture it looks like a salad but it may have been noodles... all I know is that we both loved our dishes.  Isn't that what really matters?
Oh yes, it was a daily special.


As long as I'm being honest here I'm going to say I liked the place better when it was in the Yoga Pearl building. They had vegan soft serve which was so delicious... SO DELICOUS. I also liked how it was kind of hidden and really casual. 
But times change and I understand their move was necessary as they became more popular.

My only problem with dishes like this is that I will keep eating until I am very uncomfortably full because I know in an hour or two I'll be INCREDIBLY hungry again. Other than that, it was delicious. A cooking goal of mine is to make kale like they do. After that this dish should be easy to make at home.

I highly suggest this place or the one that took over in Yoga Pearl. 
You can find them here:

1713 NE 15th Ave
Portland, OR 97212

The place that took over the old space:
925 NW Davis St
PortlandOR 97209

xoxo

If you have a place you want me to check out feel free to leave me a comment or email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment