Friday, November 25, 2011

The Artist's Way: Week 6


Goals of 12 week program: 
1. Learn to be gentle and positive with and about myself
2. Start habit of morning pages that will carry on for life
3. Break down the liver's (like to live, not liver like thing my generation abuses) block

AAAND I'm halfway through!!!

Week Six: Recovering a Sense of Abundance
Money, money, money. The excuse we use the most, the issue that causes divorce the most, the guilt that looms over our heads. Money. 
People want more of it, people hate it, people think you have to do everything but bleed to get a lot of it. Sometimes it creates battles and wars, ruins families, friends and lovers. Money. This week is about finding a healthier relationship with money by understanding the one I have now. I need this, but it's not going to be easy.
The week I have to track every penny I spend. UGH! Well, now's a good time to start #12 on 25 before 26!

My Favorite Quotation:
... you want to maker some art, make some art.

I like the no excuses simplicity of this line. There were other, seemingly deeper sentences that I underlined but this one seemed the best. I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be. That's one of the reasons I'm not good at riddles. One of many I'm sure. :) But the truth is, you'll find a way if you really, truly want it. So want it, and do it.

Favorite Task:
Make new changes in your environment.

I did this because it had to be done, not necessarily because it was a task. Honestly I do this kind of thing a lot anyway. But as you know I moved, and this was my first week back, and so instead of just throwing everything together in my room like usual I decided to give it some thought and actually put some of the art out that I framed. I like the set up a lot. When nothing else is right at least I can look around my room and think it's cute.

Check In:
1. Morning pages: 6/7
2. Artist Date: 
Nope... ugh
3. Instances of Synchronicity: 
Can't say I remember anything.
4. Other issues:. 
Too much time on piccsy and tumblr. Oops. :/

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment