Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Trip Back Home


A couple of weeks ago I flew down to San Diego. I was originally suppose to be in on Friday but my mom had an extra ticket to see Taylor Swift so I came in a day early.
The show was so awesome and amazing! More on that in a different post. 



playin with the ipad

Then Friday and Saturday were about seeing Unicorn Sparkle(bottom)s, Señor Brows and Baby Brows... Señor Brows and I went to this fantastical restaurant in Chula Vista called Zorba's. Words cannot describe the magic that goes on there on a Friday night. Seriously. 

While Unicorn Sparkle(bottom)s and I were trying to pet dolphins, Sebastian decided to tell secrets to the pillar.

Saturday we went to Sea World, we missed the feeding of the dolphins but definitely laid on the outer rocks to try and get them to come see us anyway. There were some dolphin whisperers a few feet away but there was no luck for me. It was all worth it though, Baby Brows is a crazy man and made the day entertaining. 

at the end of a day of shooting :)

Sunday was about going to the shooting range with my Dad and improving my technique. I'm quite proud of how I'm doing. Then it was Dad's family dinner at Love Boat sushi in San Marcos (it's no Mio, but it's definitely good). After there was some quality time with two friends of mine I have missed dearly and then some other quality time chatting with a man I call Bambi (haha sucka) sitting with our feet in a semi warm jacuzzi drinking beer (him more than me, I think I drank MAYBE a third of the bottle) and talking about life. 

photo shoot of Saki, looks like she's throwin up in the flower pot

The next day was about putting resumes and cover letters together, showering in my old shower which made me feel like I should have sand in my toes, something about that shower reminds me of summer and coming back from the beach. Funny, because I rarely went to the beach. But it gave me a feeling of summer and calm which is one of the best feelings a shower can give. Then it was iPhone update time, some planning, dinner with a friend and back to the jacuzzi, this time even less hot, to talk (or listen) and such. After was frozen yogurt time!
 Tuesday was lunch with Cindy, then wandering around The Forum in Encinitas. Smelling perfume and dying for Wonderstruck (by Taylor Swift). I went over to Grandma's after and then later that night went to dinner with my mom and siblings. Saw a friend from H.S. I haven't seen in a while. 
Wednesday I had an interview (spoiler alert: I didn't get the job), went to lunch with Sarah and then got ready to head back to the airport.

All in all the trip was much needed and wonderful. Made me miss home in ways I hadn't in a very long time.

In closing I will leave you with one of the loves of my life. Saki. She was purring and doing her version of cuddling with me (she's a skittish cat, but she tries to be loving) and for some reason I get so relaxed when I hear cats purr. Almost as good as a shower that reminds you of carefree summers with sand in your toes.
Maybe better. :)


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment