Friday, November 18, 2011

Both yesterday and today I have felt a little off, there's a number of reasons why but very few things that I can do to fix the mental state. Days like these require a few things.

They are...

Sleep:
Yesterday I found myself in bed at 8pm, and I was asleep by 9. I didn't wake up until 9 or 10 this morning... enough sleep, check.

Friends:
I met up with SeƱor Brows for lunch in La Jolla. We went to lunch like old times, except this time he went back to work and I didn't. We sat, I made sarcastic comments about people driving by and talked about the differences between "hanging out," "dating" and other labels. He felt lucky to be a part of a generation that was more straight forward than my own. He figured it would be confusing and frustrating to not know what intentions were... um yeah. Should I have been born like 5-6 years earlier because I really couldn't tell him why we as a generation do this. The only thing I could think of is that people don't like the idea of commitment and want freedom so they call it hanging out instead of dating. Dating is too seeerious. Ugh, whatever. Spare me. 
Here's the thing, if you are "hanging out" with someone and the thought of them "hanging out" with a member of their desired sex (gender) in the same way that they are "hanging out" with you makes you a tad upset then you aren't "hanging out" you're interested and you're dating. Doesn't have to be super serious, it just is what it is. Let's call a spade a spade please. 
Now if you're just sleeping together then you know what's up... but the line can be blurred now between just sleeping together and hanging out. How convenient for commitment phobes. (Normally I would say guys but that's just generalizing isn't it?)
End rant.

Books:
After lunch I headed north and stopped at Barnes and Noble in Del Mar. 
I found a magazine and a book and then headed north to meet up with Brian and Spencer (see I do talk about you guys here) at Pipes. 

More Friends... and a fun Camera:
Spencer found my polaroid camera in my overflowing purse and took a couple of pictures. I may have startled him on the first once because right after he pressed the button I yelled "what are you doing!" and grabbed the photo. This impossible film really can't see light until after it has been developing for at least a minute I think. Cat like reflexes.

Brian

Spencer and Brian

Me


We do this from time to time (meet up at Pipes, not picture taking), they go surfing and I sit on the sand pretending to watch them. I don't pretend that well though, honestly from where I sit I really can't tell who is who and I usually have a book with me so I read. Sorry guys.
So today was somewhat similar except we watched the surf and Spencer (aka Bambi, call him Bambi please he loves and prefers it) deemed the waves crap and Brian, ever the optimist, figured they could catch at least one or just sit in the waves for the sunset. 
I thought I wasn't going to stay, the wind was a bit chilly, but they talked me into it with offers of pea coats and only 30 minutes. 
It really didn't take them long to get in and out of the water. I wasn't cold at all. Probably because I was wearing three, oh no, four layers (tank, long sleeve, hoodie and pea coat). 
We were all hungry, me because of the strenuous hike up the stairs, them from the waves or something, and so we recreated our friendship history and went to Rudy's for dinner. The only thing missing was Nicole, Brian's then girlfriend, now fiancee. Ohhh fancy, fiance. 

Projects:
Now I'm at home and I just finished attempting scanning pictures (other than those above) in but the scanner is being really weird and so I had to give up after lots of downloads and installs and uninstalls and such. 
I'm not sure what the rest of the night will entail. We all know I get rowdy on the weekends (or ever). Probably work on a baby blanket I need to finish, she is in the hospital now getting ready to go into labor... (yay! congrats!) 
I may watch a movie I've already seen 2-10 times...
Or I'll fall back on the norm of reading.
Possibilities = endless.

I'm still not quite out of the weird mental place I've been inhabiting for the past couple of days but if I'd stayed in my room all day today I would most likely be 10 times worse. 

What do you do to get rid of the off feeling?

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I craft, or spend time with the hubby. Or, and most mainly, listen to music. That always always helps me!

    ReplyDelete