Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happily Wasted



This week was about saying goodbye to Portland and hello to California. Again. 
I had not really made official announcements via Facebook or Twitter or anything else until I was sure, aka in the car, or at least my things in the car, because I know I move a lot. I know what some of the naysayers are going to say. And I'm not in a position to want to deal with or justify myself to naysayers. Of any sort. During the past 10 months in Portland I've worked through some things and now it's time to come home and put some plans into action. I think Portland was about getting the lazies out. 
Not entirely, I'll still find days here and there to read and not get out of pajamas... but they'll be fewer and farther between. I'll actually be doing productive things and making a steady paycheck and working towards goals for the future. I'm also hoping to put to rest a mental war or two I've been battling through since, well forever. 
Point is, I know this is right. So there.
Portland, I love you for being an escape. Portland friends, I'll miss you, we'll visit. 
San Diego, get ready. I'm back.
(well, Monday night, I'll be back!)

Movies/Shows Watched
Jennifer's Body

Party Down Season One and Two (SUPER bummed there are no more episodes EVER)


Listening to
City and Colour - Bring Me Your Love (vinyl!!!)
Anything and everything on my phone during the long drives


Read (or currently reading)
The Artist's Way
The Book Thief... beautiful


Favorite Posts/Articles
Congrats to Sydney and family on their baby boy!
Also congrats to Elizabeth at Delightfully Tacky!!! Married!
Important info I've been thinking about lately: how to add volume to this mane!




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment