Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happily Wasted



Obviously this week was about settling in back home. Had the concert in San Francisco on Sunday night, drove 9+ hours Monday to get from San Francisco home (with stops and such) and immediately started unpacking and putting together a couple of cheapy furniture things I bought to make my room work. I worked for hours to get a bunch of stuff unpacked until I could barely keep my eyes open. 
Tuesday was about taking the car back, napping, reading, applying to jobs online and finishing the unpacking process while making my room look nice. I'm pretty proud of what I came up with. All I have left is to make a quilt for the bed (you know, no big deal) and hang some pictures. The quilt might have to wait a bit.
Wednesday was taking care of Grandma day. She's been having a rough time lately, well both my grandparents have been, so Wednesday was about taking care of that, getting food with my siblings, watching a movie with my sister (Easy A) and reading before bed. Thursday was about getting dinner with my brother and watching a movie (Zombieland) with him. Friday was coffee with lovely friends then surprising Dad at his work, then tracking down the movie Valentine's Day (Target, Best Buy then finally Fry's) because I was determined to watch it. Yesterday tested some muscle strength. My mom got a sleep number bed and let me just tell you, those things are created out of layers and layers of heavy stuff. Then my sister and I made cookies. 
Today was oh so fun and there will be a post on it I'm sure. I decided I wanted to go to a beach and walk around because it was absolutely GORGEOUS outside (huge benefit of San Diego) so Mom, the sibs and I went to a pier and hung out for an hour then got some food and last I went to lovely friends' house (the ones I had coffee with on Friday) for dinner. 

It's been a great first week back.
Now, to find a job...

and a car. 


Movies/Shows Watched
Easy A
Zombieland SNL with Emma Stone
Crazy, Stupid, Love.
Valentine's Day
Country Music Awards
The New Girl Not the newest episode, but the Naked one
Mumford and Sons Unplugged

Listened to:
Taylor Swift
City and Colour
Low - Murderer  City and Colour covered this song at their show and it was awesome and amazing and I wish I had a copy of their version. But this version is just as haunting and beautiful too.

Read (or currently reading)
The Artist's Way
One Day
Money Drunk

Favorite Posts/Articles
Ruby's cute birthday party!
Some wedding pictures at Delightfully Tacky 
New to me blog that's quite pretty!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment