Thursday, October 6, 2011

To Deck the Walls

I've slacked really, really hard on decorating my walls at this little apartment of mine. I thing I hung up one poster (that I don't plan on keeping) in my room and that was the end of it. I kept putting it off with the need of frames and such. I would walk around Michaels and pause at the frame section but continue walking because I didn't know what sizes I needed or what look of frames I wanted.

So tonight I started inspiring myself further. I looked at all the pictures I pinned on Pinterest concerning these things and realized that I didn't need all black frames for my project. I want to complete this one in the cheapest way possible so I searched Michael's and Target online but still was uninspired by what I found.

I've started measuring out the pieces I know I want on my wall and sooner or later I might be taking that to the goodwill to search for some frames with pictures I can take out (for cheap) and then going by target and michael's as well for cheap, simple frames.

Some of my inspiration is as follows...

some in frames, some put directly on the wall, adds texture and depth

a collage of sorts above the bookcase. right now my bookcase has a cork board (that I'm not keeping) above it and the other one in my room has that one poster.

I tried to enlarge this but it just wasn't having it...
Maybe create this above my bed. That way I can change out my favorite pieces from time to time. And my favorite pictures!
Maybe also add a string or two of white christmas-like lights

great idea for same size prints, probably will do this for some of my polaroids, OR I will modge podge them all to a black board and display them that way

This is by far my favorite small room inspiration! I love the shelves and the use of wall space. 


After looking at these pictures I'm actually excited about decorating. I just need to collect the pieces I want up and then get the frames and then the nails, I have the hammer and maybe get a level. 

Oh the excitement of finally putting together a room fully!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment