Friday, October 7, 2011

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.


I wish I had seen this speech sooner, I wish I had gone my college graduation and I hope that I will do my best every day to follow my heart.

He use to ask himself every day, "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?"

Confession, I would have to say definitely not. Would I want to hang out with my friends, of course, would I want to tell my parents I loved them, definitely. Would I want to write and create and possibly help something understand something new, especially a younger person? Yes.

Between this video and the fact that I was involved in a car crash today makes me very, very critical of my life as it is now. The car crash's effects on my mental state aren't that they made me think of death, it wasn't that bad of a car crash, it was more the thought that maybe Mother Earth, The Universe, etc is really trying to tell me something. Probably something I already know.

I mean, two smashed cars in one year? Neither of which were due to my own recklessness? Maybe I should take a little listen. You know, give some changes a try.

Maybe it's time to find a way to say Yes almost every day.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This is my fav Steve Job speech. We only have 1 life- and you should live life to the fullest. :)

    ReplyDelete