Saturday, December 17, 2011

Resolution: Word Elimination


Recently, as I've typed, written, scribbled, and thought I have come across a word that I really don't find necessary to have in my vocabulary.
It is not an explative, I still find those delicious and, while not necessary, definitely delectable. The word I wish to eliminate from my vocabulary is just this:

got

Maybe it's just me, but when I type it, or think it while I'm writing it, I feel so uneducated. I feel like there HAS to be so many other words, or even just one other word, that would sound better in it's place. I have yet to prove myself wrong.

Even just looking at it now, bold and in large type, it looks ugly. 

So here's to the end of our relationship ugly word! Until I find a place where you are absolutely necessary I will use other words to show my meaning. Best part, whoever is reading or listening will have a better understanding of the actions with with I acquired something (see, already found a better and prettier version of you). 

What about you lovely readers? Are there any words you just can't stand to use?

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. :)
    I'm not sure how it is that your blog is not in my blog feed... fixing this now, I'm enjoying reading your words.

    ReplyDelete