Thursday, December 1, 2011

Books of November

In case you haven't read or heard... I completed 52 in 52 this month! Well, I completed 52 books in 47 weeks! And I kept going, I mean, how can you not when there are 5 weeks left?

A great book about a hard time and a woman's decision to not suffer through it.


posted about it here


This was the 52nd book. For some reason I thought I had one more to read while I was in this book but I  finished and recounted and found that I had indeed completed my goal... Incredible.
The book definitely bummed me out a bit. Not quite the story I expected but worth reading.

I picked this up thinking it was one big book for a low, low price. Turns out it was two normal young adult books for the price of 7.99, a couple dollars less than they sell the individual books for. Not sure I understand... but I'm glad I picked it up. 
I'm really stoked on this series. I didn't know what I was getting into when I picked it up, like I said, but oh goodness... I think I read the second book in a night. It has zombies and vampires and werewolves but it's not Twilight. It's so much more tough than that. I love the main character, though I guess she can get whiny at some points, but she doesn't let it stop her. So good.

And then I got into THIS series. I stayed away from it for a long time, it sounded too much like Lord of the Flies and Battle Royale meeting up for a death match. But so many bloggers were recommending it and the trailer for the movie came out (don't worry, I didn't see it before I read them... actually, I still haven't seen it...) and I had to jump in.
I read them in 4 days. The last one I read Thanksgiving night, I got into bed with the book and didn't get up to brush my teeth until I was done.
I'm impressed. Really impressed with this series. I was able to guess some things that happened but I am going to chalk that up to being really perceptive, no fault of the writer. 
If you haven't read them and you like reading, READ THEM. Luckily all of the books are out so you won't be waiting months or years to find out what happened. One good thing about coming into a series late.

I picked this book up because of the cover, the title and my interest in Catholic things. The book was interesting enough to want to read through pretty quickly but not so much that I found any excuse to drop what I was doing to read it (like The Hunger Games). 


:)

Total count: 58/52 
New goal: 60 in 52... 5 books a month!

What did you read this month?

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment