Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Portland Love: The Waffle Window



Portland Love is a series in which I take to the streets of Portland, eating at new places, shopping at new shops, smelling old books and doing my best to not get too wet without the use of an umbrella. It's my way of falling in love with this city over and over again while sharing it with you. Enjoy! 





Oh let me count the ways and reasons I love, love, love the waffle window. 
- they use in season fruits for the dessert waffles...
- there are dessert waffles and savory waffles
- there are tables to sit at outside AND inside
- so delicious


they took this away after a problem with bees during the warmer months...

The Waffle Window is connected to Bread and Ink cafe, somewhere I have not eaten but looks cute (the inside tables are actually Bread and Ink's tables). You walk up to the little window, look at the current menu (they change with what is in season food wise) and order away.


The first time I went to the waffle window I decided on something with raspberry and I think lemon curd. Not 100% sure anymore but oh my gosh it was heavenly. It has the perfect mix of tart and sweet which is a weakness of mine.


The second time I got another berry waffle, this time with blueberries and lemon curd I think and the last time I really don't remember... oh yes I do... it was the Blueberry Cheesecake. So rich, so delicious. Every time was delicious and I HIGHLY recommend it if you are ever on Hawthorne. So good.
Make me miss Portland.

(But it's sunny and warmer here so I'm going to figure out how to make my own waffles like this and be happy where I am!)

3610 SE Hawthorne Blvd
Portland, OR 97214
off the corner of 36th (south side of 36th)

xoxo


If you have a place you want me to check out feel free to leave me a comment or email me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment