Saturday, December 3, 2011

Holidays


Well, this year I did it, I started feeling the Holiday spirit. For the past several years it has been a bit hard to find the feeling until like, the day before Christmas or New Years. This year, I took matters into my own hands and attempted some holiday cheer.

First I took my siblings to go get a tree for my mom as a surprise. We set up a place in the living room and went to home depot. We picked the tree, loaded it inside the expedition (so much room) and then drove back home. We realized when we got there that mom was home so we TRIED to play it cool and hoped she didn't see the cleared space in the living room. She went to dinner with a friend and we started bringing the tree in... little bro thought he saw her coming back toward the house so we ran as fast as we could to hide the tree in the office. A lot of laughs and shrieks were had.
Turns out it was a false alarm so we put the tree in the stand, watered it and then sat down to watch Mean Girls until mom came home.

She was surprised and happy. Good start to the Christmas season.

We were all a little tuckered that night so we waited until Friday (yesterday) to decorate it. Lil sis and I made dinner and brownies and then after we all ate we put on Elf and started decorating the tree. 

I love Elf. 

Then after they went to bed I watched The Hills and crocheted. No The Hills has no special connection to Christmas but watching shows and crocheting does.

This morning I woke up and made some french toast with a roll of french bread and we listened to a new Christmas cd mom bought.

So far so good.

On my list of holiday/winter adventures this year:

play in the snow
watch Love Actually
Watch the Chrismukkah episodes of The OC
bake chocolate chip cookies
wrap presents
drink hot cocoa
crochet a lot
read a lot
enjoy the pretty lights all around


What makes you excited for winter and the holiday season?

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I want to try snowshoeing this year. Also, read a ton (game of throne series), knit my HP ravenclaw scarf, watch Doctor Who, play my ukulele, boardgames, and star wars mmorg is coming out! I love hybernation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. snowshoeing sounds awesome! I need to get to some snow at some point!

    ReplyDelete