Thursday, March 24, 2011

I've found my future pet...





I was talking to a guy recently that owns a salt water aquarium store (or something of the sort) and he mentioned having octopuses in his inventory (that sounds weird when they are live animals to call them inventory... I didn't know what else it would be though). 
A lightbulb went off in my head when he said he had some octopuses. I thought.. wow, I thought I wanted a cat but maybe this will be better. Yes expensive, but considering cats can last many many years and have to get all kinds of shots a octopus can be quite a bit cheaper!


I did some research while looking for pictures to share here and found out a lot of good info. A pet octopus would be expensive and quite a bit of work, but he'd be my buddy! Octopuses are very smart and I think it would just be absolutely fascinating to be able to watch one move all around. 

Plus, how many people can say they successfully have owned octopuses? Better than importing a monkey that's gonna bite me! (I won't get the blue ring octopus that can kill humans...)

I wanted a cat but then I realized I also want to go to Argentina in the semi near future and then where would that leave my poor kitty? Asking someone to take care of him or her for six months to a year would be crazy talk. Octopuses live only one to two years, some only 6 months... I won't be able to go to Argentina in the next 6 months (unless a money miracle happens haha) and I probably won't make it in the next year (I'm shooting for August 2012). My pet Octopus, Atlas, and I would bond and have a great time, then his time would come and I would morn in Argentina.

Perfect right?

And maybe we could cuddle like this...


then again maybe not but I would buy that print if it were at least a tad less than $150!

What exotic pet would you get if you could?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment