Wednesday, March 30, 2011

dreaming of a wonderful workspace

As you know I am excited beyond belief about getting my own place and taking time to make it pretty pretty (or even just less ugly). My first plan of action is to create a dream workspace where I can sit my bottom down on a chair and have my computer on a screen so I don't sit in bed and get lazy. There's so much I want to do and I want to have things all together so it's easy to remember my projects as well as easy to work on them and put everything back in a place where it belongs. 
Here's some of my inspiration today:

Love the little desk and the cabinet full of books... not sure I like just how small the desk is, looks cute in theory but won't work for me.

Love the simple desk style (basically just a table) and how everything is organized. I will need more pictures above or around my workspace however.

Getting closer, I love love love that inspiration board and would die if I could make my own that size for cheap. I looked online for different materials via office depot and ikea but I think something like that has to be a little more diy.

Another small desk but this one isn't as small. Love that it has a view out the window. Don't know if I'm going to be able to do that. My front windows look into a parking lot.

Simple, good length... I was leaning toward a white desk at first but this one is real pretty and making me think there might be other options.

Again, simplicity. A little too simplistic though. There's no way my workspace will be that empty. Good thinking on the two lights though, I really love bright lighting.

Last I will present my two favorites...

I love the wood, the desk's dimensions look great, there's room at the back for things to be stacked (maybe a couple of books or magazines) and instead of that little shelf I would have two inspiration boards, one in cork to pin pictures and the other a magnetic chalk board to take pictures of and list projects that I can work on.

I love how uniform the pictures are above this desk. All uniform and such. I could do this with some of my favorite things and then have my two boards on the other side of the wall (if I have my desk in a corner) so I can stand and pin things in/write things without having to lean over the desk. Hmmmm decisions!

What do your favorite workspaces look like?

xoxo

1 comment: