Sunday, March 20, 2011

Adventures in Analog: Solidarity

I've been wanting to share some of my "failed" pictures with you for a while but always hesitate to press the publish button. I usually have a post already done that day or it just doesn't seem to fit right so I take the excuse and procrastinate more. A while ago one of my favorite bloggers Kyla Roma posted that she was starting a project.

In it she is sharing her successes and mishaps in analog photography. In an attempt at solidarity I too am going to post my successes and mishaps with analog photography.

I must admit this post was already composed, sitting and waiting for the day when I would share it with my dear readers. Finally that day has come, here it is, the Impossible Project mishaps:

I've been working with the first run color film and the color push from the Impossible Project and I've been having a really, really hard time of it. So far I have had maybe 3 or 4 pictures come out to the point of a stranger knowing what the subject was. I figured for fun I would share the pictures that didn't come out so well. They are pretty in and of themselves, but they are an expensive pretty.

baby brows

no idea

planter outside

self portrait

house

fence of bird houses

I've been having a tad more luck lately as I have been covering the print RIGHT when it comes out of the  camera. That has helped a bit but I'm still having trouble with inside pictures. Maybe the light in the house is not what the film needs. I'm really not sure but I've had a lot of duds and it's hard not to get frustrated sometimes.

Anybody else had this experience with the first run and the color push film from the Impossible Project?

I will be posting more from time to time now that I have all of my 35mm scanned in. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment