Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ms. T


Last weekend I was given a decent amount of time with this little lady... my sister. On Sunday night I left my phone at my dad's house and ultimately it was a blessing in disguise because when I went back to get it I got to talk to her for a couple of hours. We finally caught up after about a year of minimal line texts and messages.

Now she's back off to college where she has her other life. I can't begin to describe how proud I am of her for making this life hers. She's off figuring out life and love and everything else and I finally got a glimpse of what that looks like through her eyes. 

My goodness this girl lives with very few apologies (except when truly appropriate). She feels all of her emotions regardless of if others think it's right or wrong, she pushes her limits and just seems to be thriving. It was a bit of a rocky time for her going off to college but man she pulled through and look at her now. 

Even though I'm the bigger sister I still feel like I have so much to learn from her and I'm not sure I have any answers she might try to look for in me. But that's okay. I can find inspiration to stop hiding or waiting for life to happen from her. She has a good head set solidly on her shoulders and I don't worry about her anymore. She has shown me that I don't need to, she's got it handled. 

All I can do is be her partner in crime for throwback song sing-a-longs, her listening ear and her friend. 


I mean, look at her, she's gorgeous, funny, silly and smart. Even if she questions her own judgement sometimes, I know she's doing the best she can for herself. 


While I'm a bit sad just reading over this because she isn't here I know it won't be too long before she's back for the summer. I'm stoked. I hope for more car dance parties, blasting music and singing only slightly off key. I am excited for more late night chats about everything and nothing, joking about how great we are and how we should really try to be more modest.
Definitely something to look forward to. 

She's one of a kind, that sister of mine.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment