Tuesday, March 20, 2012

52 photos in 52 weeks: Week 11


I am just going to use this space on the documentation of the eleventh week to say this:
I love my camera sooooo, sooooo, sooooo much I just can't get over it. 
Wednesday it was really slow at my new job and I almost begged to be sent home. Not because I don't like my job, I'm liking it more and more every day, but because it was so slow and there were more than enough people working and I just needed time for something else. 

I left with the intention of going to my other job to get some more admin tasks done but on the drive home the thought of my camera popped into my head and I knew I was a goner. Responsibility said go to the other job, make up that money you missed out on by leaving... the rest of me said no, however and oh goodness was that a good idea.

I called a friend and asked if he wanted to go on a photo adventure and thankfully he was down. We went to some of my favorite broken down places in Encinitas and while I have photographed them several times it was still a new experience. This camera is such a conduit to creativity as is going on a photo adventure with a friend. You see where they think to stand when you didn't... they go places you didn't think to go, and sometimes you help them find the location they were trying to find for a perfect shot. 

Every time I pick up this camera I have a hard time putting it down. Just tonight (Monday) I was leaving to hang out with my sister before she goes back to her school and I looked at the camera and knew it had to come along even if nothing special had been planned.




Those pictures will appear in a later post though. These were all from that not-really-ditching-because-I-had-permission day.

In a couple of weeks I have the next meet up planned and I'm really excited. Even if it's just me and my photo adventure buddy it will be a good time.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment