Tuesday, March 6, 2012

25 in 26: Year in Review



With hours left before my 26th birthday I decided it was time to come to terms with what was and wasn't accomplished during 25. I'm a little iffy on how I did this year with the goals I had set. I'm not sure they were really thought through, or they were really high or all over the place and life kept happening and excuses, excuses. 
I did manage some of the pieces and for those I am stoked.

For instance while 25 I...
- started and finished my first large tattoo
- finished two blankets
- wrote many letters, even if it wasn't a total of 30. I came really close in the end. 
- stopped the 5 am bedtime and I'm currently working on resetting my internal clock to be an early (or maybe just earlier) riser
- I started applying for grad school!!! 
- I started a meet - up group for toy photography, we have our first meeting this Sunday!!!
- I read SO many books!
-I went on dates (two), with guys that were older than me (not by much but it counts).
- I spent 7 months living in my own apartment. Gloriously retro it was. My cave really. 
- I started taking dance classes and fell in love. Must make enough money to keep with them.
- Dad's side parental unit bought me a DSLR and I'm so, so very lucky. 
- I learned how to use the Rollei and the second roll of film I had developed came out really well, I will be sharing some of them soon.
- I took a class on Holga photography, I'm so stoked I did that. 
- I implemented an exercise routine for the past few months that I'm quite stoked on. Still not always easy to start the work out, but I always (and I do mean always) feel better after.
- I started tutoring and getting involved with education activities. I'm enjoying it a lot and am so excited for what's to come.

Not every expectation was met, some I wasn't even close on, others I had decent intentions but they fell to the wayside when other projects or calamities would surface. Such is life and I'm going to let myself be okay with what did and didn't happen this past year.

That being said, this year I intend to live without excuses. (Or live and acknowledge when I am using an excuse and stopping myself from completing something I want.) I will also be constantly looking at the goals and projects that are at the top of my mental list and deciding if they really are important or if something else is.

As mentioned before, I will not be doing a 26 before 27 this year. I have my quarterly goals I am working on instead throughout this year. 

I have so much hope and so much planned for 26! Here goes nothing!


xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment