Sunday, March 4, 2012

52 photos in 52 weeks: Week 7 & 8


I am so stoked, excited and totally surprised that I have not just one picture for each week thus far, but usually a couple more that are my favorites. I'm making an effort though the week to take more pictures of things that I see that I like but normally wouldn't take a picture of, I'm going on more photo adventures that I had been putting off and I'm so happy about all of that. 

While I've been meaning for all of these 52 in 52 to be from my point and shoot, there are still some that have come from the good ol' iphone. I have made myself the rule that I can't make the photo challenge part of my favorite pictures though. So there's that. Keeps me busy snapping pictures through the week (and sometimes just on Sunday.)

The first (and top favorite) of this week is above, it is a wall in The Pannikin in Encinitas. I haven't been to the Pannikin in a while (at least not the one in Encinitas), something about it intimidates me for some reason, but I fell in love with it Saturday and might find myself there more often. 



My second and third favorite pictures were also taken on Saturday. After meeting up with my friend Bambi at Pannikin, we went and met up with two other friends at Pipes beach so they could surf and I could be the surf groupie (without normal groupie duties mind you, that's not my style) which just means sitting on the shore reading while they surf. 

Before they got in we were in the parking lot, them looking at the surf and me trying to come up with ways to get this squirrel to come home with me as my pet!

He was coming pretty close, he probably knows we don't go over the fence, or just doesn't care, and at one point was eating from an orange rind. SO CUTE. I love squirrels. In love. Think they are the cutest which is odd considering I'm not that much of a rodent person. But squirrels... want one. I hear they bite people other than their human though when they are domesticated. That's not really something I want to deal with, taking a friend to the hospital because my pet squirrel bit him or her...

Sigh. 

Maybe in another life. Or maybe I can just babysit one... but then it might bite me. 

Sigh again.

Dream world.

Well, that's all for now. Enjoy the rest of your day off if you in fact have today off or get through the rest of the day at work if you are stuck there!


Week 8



Of course right after I say that I've been finding myself taking great pictures every week I find myself less than inspired. I don't think I took out my actual camera once this week. Oh well, always next week right?! Right!

So here are the delightful decent duds from the week! First, I had a lovely day with Ms. Freckle last weekend. We met at Gelato off of Washington and then went to Souplantation (ugh so good) then hit up Hillcrest (almost called it Hawthorne), I hit on a lovely looking gentleman for a second (by asking about one of his tattoos) but didn't take it very far, then got hit on later (or just asked a question about my tattoo, there was a girl he was waiting for in the dressing room) and then finally we made our way back to Gelato. If you're wondering what Ms. Freckle was doing during this time I will say she was shopping, she's happily boyfriended and therefore did not partake in any hitting on activities.

Anywho, I parked on the hill behind Gelato and was met with a beautiful view when I stepped out of my car.


Then Sunday I rounded out my weekend with some exercise (I think, maybe not... nope, tried to put a new light bulb in my back light on my car and when I failed decided to study for this big test I have coming up) and the puppies. Whatever filter I used made Ziggy's (the small one) eyes visible which is awesome and rarely happens in pictures. He's usually just a black blob. 

So there's that. I will be on my best behavior for the next couple (many) weeks and post my pictures on Monday! Yeah, we'll see.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment