Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Sun Filled Day


Today I woke up and started the day with my Morning Pages. Let's be real, they aren't done in the morning most times with me but they are done when I wake up so I'm calling them Morning Pages. Well, Julia Cameron calls them Morning Pages, I am giving credit where it's due.

After the pages of morning I hurried to dress and get myself make uped... also hair did, well bangs back and hair down. There was an obnoxious piece on the side that wouldn't uncurl but that's nothing new so off I went. No destination I just needed out of my dark apartment.

I decided soon after getting in my car, The Rose Garden was my place to go. It wasn't as busy as I expected it to be, probably because the roses have yet to bloom, at all. That's okay though, my favorite tree is still there and so I took some pictures of it. I finished my roll of film in the Rollei (yuuuus another goal close to done) and then found a bench to sit on and crochet for a bit. 



I realized after finishing a row on the blanket that I did it wrong side up and so will have to redo it. I definitely was frustrated but tried to hold on to the pleasant feeling of sewing in the park. 

After I left I thought I was going home but instead decided to meet up with friends and continue to enjoy the sun. While I want my apartment to be my palace and place of comfort I'm afraid it is just too dark and so I do everything I can on sunny days to stay out of it. 

The rest of the day was lazing around which is perfect by me and eventually when I did get home (just a couple of minutes ago) I was finally ready to pounce on the cake.


I'm going to give myself a bit more credit than I did yesterday. Not only is it delicious, but it also looks pretty cool on the inside. Not bad for a first attempt! 

How was your day?

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. *pounce* is the exact word I would use for this cake. Nom.
    Sounds like an awesome day, and also productive, the best kind!

    Aoife x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go read a bit more about Morning Pages. Your day looks lovely, and that cake is ACE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aoife - the cake was delicious, a little too sweet actually, with all the icing on it, but delicious none the less

    lisa-marie - morning pages are really quite helpful in getting me back in the practice of emptying my brain of daily thoughts. quite nice.

    ReplyDelete