Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Call to Action



Dear lovely readers,

I am putting together a series of posts listing my favorite books through the years. They are going to end up being pages that I add to from time to time when inspiration or memory strikes.

What I would love from you is a few of your favorite books, any in the time starting from the first book you remember to the last book you read. I know my current list is lacking a bit. If you are a child of the 80's and 90's it will be even more helpful. Where I need the most help with my memory is the Junior High section.

So, comment away, let me know your favorites and if nothing else we can get a nice little discussion of books going!

xoxo,

me

1 comment:

  1. I actually work in a bookstore IN the kids/teens section, so I can totally help you out on this one! I don't know what age Junior high is though, it doesn't exactly work that way where I live. Some of my favorites through the years though are...

    1) The Little Engine That Could (the new illustrations one) is GORGEOUS!
    2)Anything by Robert Munsch
    3)Anything by Oliver Jeffers (particularly Lost & Found)
    A bit older I read
    3) Babysitter's Club
    4) Amazing Days of Abby Hayes
    5) Goosebumps
    6) Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief (newer)
    7) Harry Potter!!
    8) Holes by Louis Sachar
    9) Awake & Dreaming by Kit Pearson

    And still a bit older...
    9) Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (the trilogy)
    10)Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare

    Those last two are fairly recent favorites in the 13+ section but good for any age really :)

    ReplyDelete