Saturday, May 14, 2011

Another Day At the Goodwill

I'm going to start this off like many others and do a little gripe about how blogger wasn't working and took foooreeeeever (draw it out like a sassy 4 year old trying to get her point across, yeah, like that) to come back so I couldn't post these yesterday. UGH! (4 year old stamping foot) The real bummer I had though was losing two comments because of this whole thing! 
Brandi and Melissa, I got your comments in my email. I would respond but there's just no way now as they aren't on the posts anymore but I love you guys and thank you for reading and such!

So now that my gripe is done and things are all smoothed over... 

Another Thrifting Post!!!!! 

I've noticed that I don't really ever take pictures of the stuff I end up getting but of the stuff that just blows my mind (but not my wallet's mind).
My pictures are all about the rejects... either the things so horrifying they should never have been bought in the very first place or the stuff that's so awesome it makes you laugh (and/or cry) but should never make it into your house...

I'm going to start with a blurry picture, of a woman, not an object (and I'm not considering her a reject either). I saw her shopping and was really kinda intrigued by her rainbow hair. I wish the picture was better but I was trying to be sneaky... and I'm no super spy.

After sneakily taking a picture of a person I started on the things.

I wanted this little soap dish but decided $5 and another creepy child thing in my house was too much.

So then Nicole (you know, from House of Leaves) found an adooooorable kitten... and made an even more adorable face.

Which leads me to the deer head and farmer dude. Two separate treasures if you'll believe it. I was in love with the deer head but again too many weird little things in my place already... walk away.

It's all good though, Nicole made another adorable face... and found a little bear.

CANDLE! A CANDLE! No way! Who would want to burn that poor white owl's head off. What would be the point once you start doing that? I'm all for being creative but I'm not for animal shaped candles where you watch your creature slowly dying from the flames. A bit sadistic for my taste really. We were a trifle upset thinking about the possibility of burning this masterpiece...

but, (no pun intended) Nicole found this awesome little boy statue, oh yes, it's true, his butt is to scale... ummmmm awkward?

Wow. WOW! That's all I had to say when THIS piece caught our attention. This was harder to say no to, 

then there was this! Just when we thought we had beaten our urge to buy more Native American things! Can you see the detail? The feather like objects have pictures painted on them. I seriously (no seriously) think I might go back for this. The bear/wolf/I don't really know's head at the top is really selling me. 

One more lovely native piece. A bust. Magical really.

After the knick knack aisle we thought we were done with the real gaudy things but fortunately we were wrong. Can you see this clock?! Two gold painted peacocks, jewels in their feathers, and fake flowers lining the inside of the clock's actual space... breathtaking.

After we left that piece we found we were "here, hare, here." Soooooo, that means we're there?

And after a stroll through the books we came across sexy frog... prince charming mayhap? Psh who needs prince charming with a frog this sexy?


Truth be told (but not photographically documented) I did leave the store with a few good things. A queen size two foot tall air mattress for one, which will replace Nicole's on the ground twin one (which I have appreciated very much I just thought it might be time to get something of my own), I also found a book (surprise, well, not really) and a cute little statue of an owl on a small stack of books that says "weather owl."

All in all a very fun trip. 

Oh yes, and then we ended the festivities as we usually do

with sushi.


xoxo


ps. two words
your team

<3

4 comments:

  1. Prince Charming is my fav, what an eclectic mix of home decor:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the soap dish! which good will is that? i love going to them, but often times they are so overpriced :( i've only been to the one near the lloyd center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great blog! if you get the chance i would love for you to check out mine! i would love to see what your opinions are! and if you would like to be featured on mine just let me know!

    follow me?
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW,lovely pictures!!!Thanks for sharing!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete