Monday, May 2, 2011

A bit of history

I had a whole long post written out but I have decided I don't want to get incredibly political in this blog.

What I will say is as follows. It has been reported that Osama is dead. People are celebrating, I am not. While I feel it is probably best he is not with us anymore I am not jumping for joy. I appreciate those who have served and are still serving in our armed forces and my beef is not with them. I am not going to celebrate death no matter how horrible the one person was. Do I want child molesters and rapists to meet their end in prisons by other inmates instead of rotting in solitary confinement and using tax dollars? Well, yes that would be the better option. Will I celebrate when they die, no. My heart will always bleed for life no matter how hard I talk.

I guess that's still a bit political. Oh well, I'll continue with one more thing. Just because Osama is gone doesn't mean that it's over. He's been expecting his death for ten years now I'm sure, maybe even more. He's trained many and while a person is just a body, and idea can live forever. Taking him down doesn't make the idea any less powerful in his followers, this isn't Hitler and Nazi Germany. And if you do want to relate it to that then we can look to the fact that there are still Nazis living and believing. So what's next? I don't feel any more safe than before.

I don't watch the news because I'm always teetering on the edge of depression (yay brain chemicals!) and my aforementioned bleeding heart just can't grow a hard enough shell. While so many are celebrating today, tonight and forever more I'll just hold a bit of sadness that the idea still lives that it is God's will for Americans to die and even worse, all we, as Americans, can figure to do stop the threat is to make it a national belief that we need to kill them back (or first).

We are all human, I wish there was a better way.

I apologize for the sad tone of this blog, I will be returning to the regularly scheduled happy posts like Monday Mayhem, Books of April and one more in an hour or so.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment