Sunday, July 22, 2012

San Diego Love : First Lap Around Carlsbad by the Sea













Recently I took some time after work to explore a new-to-me part of San Diego. I have been missing the Portland Love posts that I use to do and figured that it was time to explore the place I've been living in for so many years.
Lately I've been taking the time after my morning job to take myself on little dates to eat and take pictures around my workplace.
I can't believe I haven't taken time to explore this place before! I mean, the beach is beautiful, the different food places are cute and delicious... basically this should be my new hang out area.

The latest me date went a little like this:
I couldn't decide what I wanted for food after I found out that this pizza place I want to try is a food card and you can only find where they are through facebook and twitter (SERIOUSLY? But the pizza looks soooo good.)
Anywho, after giving up on that kind of thin crusted pizza I decided I would try a local hotspot called

SeƱor Grubby's and had their California burrito. I have to admit, I was very skeptical of this place at first.

I wondered just how good their mexican food could be considering it looked very... well, white.
It was soooo delicious. 

I stopped myself (somehow) from eating the whole burrito so I could stop by Boxd: Handcrafted Waffles.
The place is adorable. It's this little box type thing, looks like a huge storage box but they made it into a small restaurant (Portland food carts... I'm sure you were a part of the inspiration) where they make sweet and savory waffles.
Now, it's no Waffle Window with seasonal berry waffles and lemon curd but goodness they are still delicious. I ate my waffle with nutella and banana and talked to some strangers that came to the shaded seats where I was.
Did I mention the seating area is outside on fake grass with lounge chairs? SO CUTE!

So basically, if you are in the Carlsbad by the Sea area check these places out. I think next on my list is to stop by Red Oven Pizza when they make a stop somewhere convenient for me and then who knows.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment