Thursday, July 12, 2012

Creative Connection San Diego at The Pearl Hotel

 

I'm going to start by loosely quoting Easy A here and pretend to go around the group of people I just met and say " Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome... now let's change lives today."
Creative Connection was a great experience. I showed up and immediately people were friendly, everyone was talking to each other about their individual creativities. I didn't know exactly what to say about myself, but I remembered a think Danielle Laporte says in The Fire Starter Sessions about being enthusiastic and positive about whatever you are and are doing so I went with that. Basically my creativity right now is learning what my creativity is. 
I had my camera so people assumed it was photography which is actually true. I talked about this blog and the plans I have for it and where I've been and where I'm going. I talked a lot... 
I met awesome people and am so stoked. I drove home excited to blog and to look at my pictures and to keep trying new things. I was also excited to get back to The Fire Starter Sessions. I need to find (or start) one of those groups around here.

Anywho, the event was great, and The Pearl Hotel... fantastic. It reminded me of The Jupiter Hotel in Portland mixed with The Ace Hotel in Palm Springs. There was a pool and a succulent wall and Tiffany blue towels and an outdoor shower and plastic globes in the water...
There was a drink called the Marie Antoinette which I had hopes of liking because there was champagne in it but alas it was too sweet for me so I reverted back to my tried and true, trusty dusty Diet Coke. 
Back to going on about The Pearl... There was a white backdrop/screen type thing attached to the balcony that you could see from any of the courtyard seats which I guess they play movies on sometimes. I should have asked to see one of the rooms, I wonder how they are decorated. 
The lounge where we were moved to after a couple of hours of chatting was covered in shag carpet and there were games galore... I saw a rock 'em sock 'em as well as an etch a sketch and Apples to Apples... I could imagine myself sitting there with a friend playing a game or two and just having a relaxing time. 
If I ever need a staycation and can't go to Palm Springs (such a short drive really) then The Pearl would be a great choice. The servers, the bartender and everybody else was so nice and friendly and helpful. Good stuff.

Now I'm sitting at home invigorated and excited for all of the things I'm going to learn and I'm so stoked I went tonight. 

A big thank you to Jessica and Marissa for organizing and putting this thing together. So wonderful!

To everyone I met and somehow directed back here... you are lovely and fantastic and I'm so pumped to have met and had a chance to talk to you all. Please, please leave your information, blog links, twitter, pinterest, instagram etc links. I found myself with only two cards and I talked to way more lovely ladies than that. Still have to get a hang of the networking/sharing information thing!

With that all said, I think it's time to get back to work on a project or two.

xoxo 



6 comments:

  1. holy cherries on a stick, you posted fast! :)

    beautiful photos, and I'm so glad to have met you and all the other fantastic ladies. Good, good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pumped! I thought about getting frozen yogurt on the way home but decided I would just eat cereal and then blog. :) Such is my life.

      Delete
  2. Great photos! And so glad to have met you! Thanks for coming out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for putting it together!

      Delete
  3. it was lovely to meet you! and i agree about the whole experience... loved the pearl, and left totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now following you on bloglovin! So glad to have met you and had a chance to chat. That night was awesome, I look forward to more. Maybe even meet ups before other Creative Connections! Frozen yogurt meet up anyone? Oh I'm brilliant!

      Delete