Thursday, July 19, 2012

Looks Like I'm Growing Up...

It's true ladies and gents (do gents read this blog?)... I'm getting older. What made me realize it? My adoration of some Gap clothes. I don't know about you, but Gap wasn't quite popular with my crowd in high school and beyond. I think it was a little too preppy and I had kept that belief until recently when I was walking around a mall in Portland with Nicole (okay, so not that recently) and she said she wanted to go into the Gap. I thought she was kidding at first. Hey High School Corey... stop being so judgy okay? Once I realized she wasn't joking and my oh so not preppy high school persona went away we went in and I had to admit that I liked more than a few things.

Fast forward to yesterady... while perusing my blog list I saw a shirt that I liked. It looked quite like a perfect denim shirt that I've been wanting to add to my basics for a while now. So I looked at where it came from... That's right, The Gap.
Well I'll be...

A quick tangent about chambray, denim, heck anything long sleeve and button down... plaids too. I guess I have a wide back and I know I have a small bust (it's okay ladies, I still love you), so I often have trouble finding the right fit in these types of shirts. I have a hard time finding ones that are a nice slim fit while also not too tight between the shoulders. Anybody else have that problem? Any solutions?

Back to topic: So I went to their website and looked around... I liked at least 30% of their stuff on the first couple of pages. Now that might not seem like much, but I'm really picky with clothes. That's incredible.

And then I went to the sale page, and found what may be the exact maxi dress I've been looking for.
REALLY? I thought I had been searching high and low on the webs and it turns out I missed an easy one.

While this is all well and good, The Gap is still out of my price range at the moment (let's be real, Forever 21 is barely in my price range so everything else is pretty far out) so I'll just have to dream, and maybe stop by their outlet store. (And visit my sister at her work while I'm at it.) I once followed a blog about a girl who scrimped on food so she could buy clothes instead... my stomach will have none of that.

Just so you get an idea of the things I'm drooling over, I'll leave you a couple of pictures....


Oh to be grown up...
xoxo

oh yes: one two, three four, five six

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I used to be in the anti-Gap boat too, up until a few years ago. their stuff is pricey though. F21 is my jam. and I love me some chambray too :)

    ReplyDelete