Monday, July 30, 2012

An Untimely Goodbye



Sebastian,

This is so hard to start, I have so much to say and so few words that seem adequate enough to convey it. What is there to say? You were taken from this world too soon. I wish that the only thing I had to say to you was Happy Birthday, that you only had 365 more days until you could legally drink. That you are amazing and wonderful and one of the best, most positive people (but not annoyingly so) that graced Cinepolis's halls. I wish that tomorrow I could come in and we would continue any joke that we started when I first met you.
I hope harder than I hope for just about anything else that you've moved on to something or somewhere else. Something that we humans on earth could never understand. You make me want so badly to believe in heaven or some sort of afterlife. I don't want to think that this is really the end for you.
I hope you're in that place, high above the clouds, I hope there are miracles waiting there for you. I hear your transition was instantaneous and I hope that means it was painless.
You brought smiles to all you worked with Sebastian. I hope somewhere you can see how deeply you affected us being who you were. We're a little lost right now.
I wish I had taken the time to joke with you more, to give you a hug, to ask about your life.
I think the last time I remember seeing you was when you came back in for a phone charger someone else had left behind for you. How could I have known that would be the last time I saw you? How could anyone have known?
I guess the point is that we couldn't have known and I hope this tragic event at the very least makes others think twice about getting into a car while intoxicated. Your friend, do you still think he is? You seemed like the forgiving type. He will be spending a long time, possibly life, in jail. I wasn't there when you guys got the in car so I have no idea what either of you were thinking... did he not seem intoxicated? Was the speed he was driving the real issue and intoxication finished the job? Why did you  trust him enough to get in the car? No blame, no anger, just questions that have impossible answers.
I could wish forever until my heart and head explode that the choices made were different...
But wishing at this point is fruitless and useless and all I can do is believe that you're out there somewhere doing greater things than we could ever accomplish here.

Rest in peace Sebastian Aranda. You will be missed, probably more than you could have ever imagined.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment