Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Mayhem: Closet Inspiration

I've been taking some time lately to think about my closet and how I want it to evolve. I have some pieces I love, some I never wear and I stick to a pretty standard style of t-shirt or tank and jeans and flats every day. I want to not only break out of the v-neck/jeans habit but I also want to invest in some great pieces. I'm also going to be getting rid of even more clothes so my closet is going to be empty for a bit.

Here's the inspiration for my style and the style I want to morph into....

I know, v-neck and jeans but it looks polished and I've been on the hunt for a perfect brown leather bag. Preferably faux or second hand leather.

While I want to stick to basics in the big pieces I want accent colors in scarves, jewelry and shoes for sure.

Great, comfortable, fitted. Awesome.

A good, at least inch thick leather belt, possibly with some designs, but not necessary.

This purse in brown? I think yes. Again, my norm for an outfit but I just can't get enough of it!

Brown boots, well, as long as we're shopping, quality black boots as well. I ruin the heels on my cheap ones reaaaal fast.

Basic dresses with thin (and thick) belts to go with them.

a great maxi dress like this lovely is wearing...


Sweaters in bright colors, but not yellow because it just doesn't work with my skin. Maybe a green or blue color.

How is your closet looking these days?

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. These are all good, and all would work together.

    I am try very hard to not just buy individual things without thinking. I've gotten to 28, still wearing things that are remeniscent of the punk kid clothes I wore as a teenager, and I an trying to make things more grown up and cohesive. I've been buying basic pieces in denim, brown and grey, as they all work together, and trying to add pops of mustard and red with cardigans and scarves and jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the first outfit! it's so simple, but looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely. I love her style, I bought her style book. It fits me almost perfectly. I get made fun of a lot because of that (haters) but oh well! :)

    ReplyDelete