Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Favorite Books: Junior High


Here we are! Part II! I'd like to call this The Wonder Years but Junior High was not a very wonder yearish time in my life. So I just went for the ever so simple Junior High title. Not going to lie, while there are other books from this time Sweet Valley High dominated the majority of my reading material. 

Well... here it is:

Favorite Books: Junior High
And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie
The Giver - Lois Lowry
A Bone From a Dry Sea - Peter Dickinson
Sweet Valley High Series (any and every one I could find)
Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret - Judy Blume
Goosebumps Series: R. L. Stine
A Walk To Remember - Nicholas Sparks
*The Education of Little Tree - Forrest Carter

What were some of your favorite books in Junior High, or if you know someone in JH right now what have been their favorites?

xoxo

*I'm going to leave this one on for the sake of the list but I have recently heard that this man Forrest was a part of the KKK and not Native American what so ever. There is a lot of back and forth about the man and his untrue depiction of Cherokee life. I did enjoy it at the time and I am sad to hear the truth behind the story

2 comments:

  1. I totally read all the RL Stine books and those cheesy VC Andrews. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read one of the VC Andrews and really liked it but didn't ever start any others. I stuck with Sweet Valley High for the most part. :)

    ReplyDelete