Wednesday, June 15, 2011

is this embarrassing?


This is a post in which I go on and on about my complete adoration for a man that goes by the name of Dallas Green. Seriously, I've said it once, I'll say it again, I would marry him solely on the facts known from his music. I'm going to be real honest, I don't say that often. At all. I admit I was deep in the music scene for a good amount of time, sophomore year through the end of college and I've wanted to propose to people due to the sound of their voice, or the beauty of their face but Dallas, ohhh Dallas, he gets more amorous feelings (than even Chris Carrabba of Dashboard Confessional) not just due to looks or voice quality, but because of the music itself... yeah I said it.

Here's the deal though, Dallas is married. Yeah, married to a smokin' hot and, I'm sure, totally wonderful woman. (This is not saying I am not smokin hot or totally wonderful, not putting myself down here just in case anyone was worried.) Sigh.

Alas I will have to spend my pining days listening to his records. Little Hell is the latest and oh gracious is it beautiful. Hauntingly gorgeous. While the songs aren't raw, the emotions, thoughts and circumstances they describe are. 

I could go on forever about how much I love this album and Bring Me Your Love but you're just going to have to see (hear) for yourself how wonderful this man and his band are. But don't you think about trying to steal second place in his heart from me. ;) I'm going to start drawing hearts on my binder with his initials just to make sure you know I'm serious...

now go listen!!!

xoxo

***Dallas, if you read this (hahaha yeah right) ... I will probably always have the biggest crush on you ever but I do wish you and your wife eternal happiness together. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh I love Dallas Green! I was supposed to interview him last year when he played a show in my city but it got cancelled last minute, I was so sad! I should be seeing him at a summer festival this year though yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met him when he played a show with Tegan and Sara and he was fairly friendly! He's an awesome musician though and the show was a blast!

    ReplyDelete