Saturday, June 18, 2011

Favorite Books: The Younger Years


Once upon a time I thought I would put together a list of my favorite books. After searching and remembering and the list growing longer I figured it would be best to break it up. This is Part I, The Younger Years. From birth (when people started reading to me) all the way to the end of elementary school. I know I've missed some but I'll be adding to this as I make a books page.

Feel free to use this to buy gifts for friends and their babies... and also feel free to add your suggestions or what you remember loving from childhood. Junior High and then High School and beyond will come in the following weeks!

I know there are many other very popular kids books but either I was not into them or didn't get them when I was little. These are my favorites.

Favorite books: The Younger Years
The Noisy Counting Book - Susan Schade, Jon Buller
The Little Engine That Could
The Giving Tree – Shel Silverstein
The Berenstain Bears - Stan Berenstain
Aesop's Fables
Where the Sidewalk Ends - Shel Silverstein
Santa Mouse books - Michael Brown
Nancy Drew Mysteries - Carolyn Keene
The Pokey Little Puppy 




What were some of your favorite books when you were young?


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I JUST bought The Little Engine That Could (but the new edition with the gorgeous new illustrations) for my soon to be born nephew! Love that one. I also have Where The Sidewalk Ends and Berenstein Bears are AWESOME. Good list!

    ReplyDelete