Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Fire Starter Sessions: A Perfect Twelve







We fill up our lives. That's what humans do. The question is what are you filing it with?

The whole point of this exercise is to actually create those ideal twelve hours - or as close to it, even if it's just 15 minutes, as frequently as possible until that idealism is the fabric of your everyday reality and lifestyle.

Imagine your perfect 12 hour day at home within the confines of your current reality. Dream about the job, the type of apartment, etc, but don't get crazy with traveling to have lunch in Portland and dinner in Las Vegas.

My perfect 12 hours would start with a semi early morning, but feeling fully rested. I would don some yoga pants, a shirt and possibly a sweatshirt if necessary and get myself outside for a walk/jog. Then I would come back home and have breakfast. After a shower off and a get ready it would be work time... doing what, I'm not sure yet, but I figure it would be me and the computer. Writing? Reading for research? After some work it would lunch and then adventure or craft time. Maybe work on a quilt, or go somewhere and take pictures, on a great day go to Sea World or something. Then come home, snack, a dance class, dinner, shower off yet again (sheesh... better planning in my perfect day might have to happen) a bit more work and then reading for fun and bedtime.
If we were talking about puuuuurfect here there would be a cat, maybe a dog involved AND a man friend.

Imagine your perfect day outside of those confines. 12 hours, dream big.

I would be taking photography classes in Argentina. I would be writing and taking pictures and visiting that beautiful country. I don't know if there needs to be more explanation than that.

EDIT: Okay, there is more... I would be drinking coffee (decaf, let's not go crazy) in little shops and meeting people and working on my fluency in Spanish. I would be going on weekend trips to other parts of the country that I miss. I would be staying in Buenos Aires and learning the tango. I mean, this obviously wouldn't all be in one day. But oh man, how magical it all seems.

xoxo

The Fire Starter Sessions and all included worksheets were written and created by Danielle LaPorte

2 comments:

  1. Are you familiar with Duolingo? It's free and you can start practicing your Spanish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard of this before but I immediately checked it out... and then spent at least 30 minutes on it! I'll have that as a time waster for sure this year... a time waster that helps me remember my spanish!

      Delete