Saturday, December 1, 2012

Currently with a little bit of nostalgia


Watching: Season 3 of The O.C.... I'm not going to lie, it's not that good. I mean, I think I remember that being the case back then when I watched it for the first time too... but I'm almost to the end of it and then I have to watch the 4th Season. I never watched it so, just to finish what I started and what not.

I need a new show though, well, new to me. I am thinking Friday Night Lights may be it. I like watching shows while working on my blankets. I'm currently working on a quilt, my very first, and The OC is just on in the background now. 

Listening to: Taylor Swift's newest album, Red. I just started changing it up again after I think a month of just that album. 

Right this second I am revisiting an album from a few winter's back. Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me. It's one of my all time favorites. Brand New is, was and will always be one of my favorite bands. I remember my first and only time at The Scene... I was at the show all by myself and when Brand New came on it wasn't that packed and I managed to get pretty close to the front and for a second the people in front of me almost backed into me with force and this girl, this random girl with tattoos and blonde hair with a colored streak stepped in front of me and pushed them out of the way, then smiled and went back to where she was standing, just a few feet away. I miss that part of the scene, the camaraderie that people can feel when the music washes over. Doesn't matter if you look the same, you're all there for the same sounds. Sometimes I forget why I was so dedicated to that scene for so long, and then I remember that show, that moment and the ones after where the shadows and lights were playing on the ceiling while Jesse Lacey sang and it sounded so raw. That is what I was dedicated to, the connection, the raw feeling. 

Planning: 2013.
There are projects to think about, a list to make for the year, etc. I already have my planner, I got it on sale and it's cute and perfect. Good find.


Thinking about: Making out. I miss a good make out session. Maybe it's because I've been watching too many episodes of The OC and someone always ends up making out because The OC was scandelous before Gossip Girl came about and made it look like child's play. 
But there's something really awesome about a good make out session. The pressure of bodies, but not naked bodies. I mean, that kind isn't so bad either, but this thought (and the blog) is staying PG. 
I miss the looks, the excitement, the giddiness. The "accidental" grazes. The quick intake of breath when you realize something might happen, the heart skip and shortness of breath when a hand is first taken. The thumb rub against the wrist when fingers are intertwined. 
Something about rainy days, something about winter, something about The OC... makes me think this way. 

Looking forward to: Next Friday I am kicking off my Christmas celebration. I planned a little outing to a place called Bates Nut Farm where they are having a tree lighting and hay rides and hot chocolate and everything awesome and Christmas-y but not super consumery (one can hope). 

And then getting pictures taken with Santa... oh yes, it's happening. 

Reading: Just finished Insurgent a couple of days ago and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it. The series caught me in the first few pages and just never let me go. I guess the last one is coming out in May so I have some waiting to do. But I can't say it enough, so good.

I'm working on reading The Fame Game by Lauren Conrad, Inheritance by Christopher Paolini and 168 Hours by Laura Vanderkam. 
The Fame Game is a mindless, fun read, Inheritance is for when I'm home because it's a big book and carrying it in my already full purse would probably cause back problems and then 168 Hours is my non fiction, my life improvement. They all have their good points though 168 Hours is probably the best.

Working on: Staying positive. Nostolgia hits hard and deep in the space beneath my sternum but the show must go on and things really are good. I've come such a long way, so many subtle changes that mean a lot have happened in the last year. I'm working on accepting, living in the current moment and being grateful for what I have.
A quilt, my very first one. There have been fights with my sewing machine but I have kept going. I'm fearful of the next phase... the batting and backing stage, but all in due time. One foot in front of the other.
Exercising more... like this Mile a Day thing Elise and Emma are talking about and it's all over instagram. I managed to walk/run/jog (mostly walk) a mile 4 times in the past week AND go to a dance class. WHAT?!
While I am not going to do a mile EVERY day from now until the new year, I will be doing them far more often. Going to the beach to ralk (mostly walking with some trace amounts of running) in between my two jobs I feel good about myself. 

And now it is time to put myself to bed. I've spent a significant amount of time with my past tonight and now it's time to sleep on it. Enjoy the memories and take the good onto the future. 


xoxo 

currently posts inspired by Sometimes Sweet

2 comments:

  1. Oh the OC. I remember thinking the same thing when watching it when it was still on TV. It used to be so wonderful and then it just stopped. Have fun at the tree lighting! That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first two seasons. Christmakkah and everything. Summer and Seth. So cute.

      Delete