Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Fire Starter Sessions - Future Gratitude





It's not the imbalances of life that will get you down - it's doing meaningless things that aren't taking you were you want to go.

While I've come to the last worksheet in this book I highly doubt my work with it is over. There's so much to glean from it, so much to take in and answers change with each thing that happens in life. I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've probably said it even more than that... I am so glad I bought this book. Going through it has done wonders.

Next month, next year or five to twenty years down the road, what and who will you be valuing? Why will you be filled with appreciation? Be practical or dream a bit.

Next month, next year, an hour from now... I will be appreciating my friends and family. The ones I choose and the ones I'm born with. I will appreciate my health and my strength, mentally and physically.
I'll be thankful for the growth that has come from living and trying and pushing my limits. I'll appreciate the growth in my hobbies of choice, like photography and blogging... I'll continue appreciating the people that read this blog, that listen to me talk even if I talk too much.
I will value the lessons learned from my parents, from my friends and even those I learned from once trusting people that weren't worth it.
I hope to be valuing a special someone sooner than later but with no options in sight I'm not rushing anything. Just hoping the good vibes I am working to put out come back my way.
Right now, and in the next few hours and weeks I am and will be appreciating my little space heater and my blankets.
I'm never going to stop appreciating the clouds and how they are painted with the sunset on perfect nights. I will never stop appreciating the smell of books, the sound of rain or a good cuddle.


xoxo

The Fire Starter Sessions and all included worksheets were written and created by Danielle LaPorte

2 comments:

  1. The perfect post for the end of the year. I really enjoyed discovering and reading your blog this year, and hope you continue to write in 2013. You're one of my favs. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This just made my life! I always wonder if people are really reading this thing. I keep going because it's mine and I don't know what I would do without it but I'm so so excited that you enjoy my little space! Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete