Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Little Bit of Christmas


Oh Christmas, how fast you pass. Sometimes it's a little anticlimactic. It's not that I'm not grateful and that I didn't get wonderful gifts and that I'm not so totally lucky and blessed that it's crazy... it's more that there's all the build up and frenzy and then it's Done.
I did better this year by going to Bates Nut Farm and baking things, thinking about gifts and making a point to be with family. I didn't really listen to Christmas music nor did I watch Elf...tisk tisk. But all in all the holiday was a good one, if not speedy.
I started the morning going to Dad's house and opening presents there. My gift for my dad was a success which made me really happy and basically made everything worth it. His gift has been in my mind for a while and it's been so hard not to tell him.
After dad's it was straight to mom's and then grandma and grandpas. I feel like I'm getting better at the gift ideas thing and I'm going to make an effort this year to get even better and save more money so I don't 1) feel completely broke after all is said and done and 2) have the funds to get people what I want to get them. I know that it's not all about money, definitely not, I did quite alright with my baked good which didn't cost too much, but having a little more would have been nice too.
After Grandma and Grandpa's it was off to Los Angeles to the Aunt and Uncle's house. Christmas at their house is a lot of fun. Great food, treats everywhere that I have to stop myself from eating, and then after dinner a white elephant on crack gift exchange. It's with dice, and then there is a lightning round and things get loud and crazy. So much fun and a lot of laughs.

This year I either ate way too much or there was heavy dairy in something because I felt so. uncomfortably. full that I felt horrible and tried to nap it away but it felt like my stomach was angrily being stretched. No bueno... remember to eat slower next time a feast is in front of me... definitely.
Luckily it didn't inhibit my ability to have fun during the White Elephant On Crack game.
After the game I took a half nap (in and out of sleep) and then decided it was time for my drive back home.

I was sooo tired by the time I got home, awake for the drive luckily, but when I got in bed I was so happy to be there. Definitely was less happy when I had to get out of that bed this morning to come to work. Cuddling up sounded like such a great idea.

All in all, though fast, Christmas was good. I accomplished my goals and I know what to do better next year.

In closing I will leave you with a couple of pictures...
Yup... look at that little redhead. I should probably make a new one of those next year...


Zeus as a present. He kept smelling all the paper but stayed calm and just hung out during the opening of presents. He's so good.

Now let's take a quick breath and bring in the new year!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment