Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Welcome August



This morning at breakfast I read a note from mom. The note made my brain start whirring almost uncontrollably trying to crunch numbers and figure out how I am going to move the eff out and let her live her life. You know, with out the 26 year old kid she still has at home ;)
The numbers are very tight right now despite the 3+ jobs I have going. I have to keep reminding myself that new things have been happening fast for me, since January I have started four (and a half) jobs and only left one. In six months I have gone from not working at all to working 40+ hours a week, back to not working much and now I am currently working very frequently.
My enjoyment of the jobs has changed too. The ones I don't like as much don't get as much time and the ones I love are very prominent and take up more of the hours. 

I just have to take deep breaths and remember that progress IS being made toward an awesome future, that I am making payments toward my credit card, that I am not using my credit card to buy anything, that I am meeting new people, seeing new things, writing better posts, reading good books, taking a lot more pictures and allowing myself to dream bigger.

Is that a good amount of progress? I sure hope so. 

With all that being said, it's time to move on, or live in the now. August is here, all that has happened this year up until this point is already said and done. Everything that has happened has laid the groundwork so August can be about making things happen. 

Here are my high hopes for this month, and, let's be honest, the next couple after that...

-August is about evaluating my life and money goals to see what I am going to be taking care of before my absolute can not be later move out date of January 3rd, 2013. (Because I hope to be in Mexico again for New Years.) 
-August is for saving up, paying off more of my debts, and planning a future budget.
-August is for scratching previous wants that only slightly aligned with overall goals (read: probably not going to Alt) and making moves towards acquiring or planning for wants that are. 
-August is for learning to balance what I affectionately call my 3.5 jobs. Some weeks will be more hectic than others, all weeks will be busy.

I think what I am trying to say is, August is for learning and getting organized. Two of my favorite things.

Welcome August, let's be friends.

xoxo


3 comments:

  1. I like this positive stance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally do this. Rock it, darling.

    As for moving out, do you have a budget? Are you going to get roommates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely need a roommate here in good ol' sunny san diego. I want to keep my rent to $600 but it won't be easy. But I have hopes and good thoughts going out and I will just keep working it out. :)

      Delete