Thursday, August 30, 2012

Adventure with The Brows Family!










As I've mentioned both here and here, it's been waaaaaay too long since I've hung out with this family. They are so awesome I cry a little every time I'm around them. Tears of joy and laughter that is. Seriously though, I find myself tearing up from laughing so hard several times in an hour when we all get together. It's a nutty bunch for sure.

Sunday we had an adventure day in which we took Baby Brows to The New Children's Museum. I didn't know what to expect but I figured Lil Brows (I guess we can't really call him Baby Brows any longer, look how big he is!) would have fun and I would have fun seeing what all he got in to.

First we stopped at El Pollo Loco because I was very hungry and I ordered what seemed to be a really complicated burrito (BRC no rice) which we laughed about and then went on. Lil Brows was a little sleepy but he gratefully accepted my french fries that I passed his way on the car ride.
When we arrived the first thing we did was walk through a maze. It was cute nicely decorated, and all of us fit through the holes somehow. Impressive. After some crawling around we took a look at the clay area as well as a painted car. Lil Brows didn't care for the clay or the car, but the wood dowel for rolling out the clay definitely caught his eye. He carried it around for a bit there after.
Next Unicorn Sparkle(bottom)s decided it was time for Lil Brows to play some drums. And that he did. He LOVED it. He used the drum sticks given and he also switched it up to the popsicle sticks he had borrowed and that wooden dowel. Unfortunately TNCM put the drums in the same area as a giant bean bag and a reading corner... so the other families in there weren't as stoked... we may have had some sideways glances. Here's the deal patchouli Dad*... don't blame Lil Brows or us... the museum put them in there, obviously they don't actually want you napping in their museum, they want you to explore everything and eat in their cafe and get out! So we helped with that. Move it along people, move it along.
Next we spent some serious time making bridges and other structures out of blocks that Lil Brows would leave alone until they got really good and then would give them a little push. Bless his heart.
After the blocks we moved on through the other rooms pretty quick, the rain house was Lil Brows other favorite place, he ran around in there with the other kids and we a tad upset when we took him out until we showed him something else, like the rock climbing wall. Unicorn Sparkle(bottom)s climbed it but he had no interest so away we went again to run cars without wheels around and get some bubbles going.
By the time we hit the bubbles we were all feeling a little hungry so Unicorn Sparkle(bottom)s suggested a walk to Heavenly Cupcakes... nobody said no.
The cupcakes were delicious. I only managed half of mine, there was an oreo inside as well as the chocolate cake part and the intense amount of frosting. 
We rode back to Casa de Brows and chatted while Lil Brows ran around like a little crazy person (oh cupcakes) and then it was time for me to head back north for Sunday dinner at my dad's house.

I can't believe how much Lil Brows has grown, I mean, I can but it's just crazy that I use to hang out with him before he could even walk. I saw his first crawl and his first steps! And now he's talking, running around and drumming like a little man! Goodness they grow up so fast. I can't wait for the next adventure!

xoxo

*he looked a little hippie like... I apologize to those who like patchouli

No comments:

Post a Comment