Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Currently










So much going on per usual. I thought about that phrase before I typed it and realized that many (any) could say that so much is going on, I mean, in our body alone so much is going on, let alone what happens with our day to day interactions and routines... but that's not what I meant.
What I meant was, there is a lot going on in my mental sphere that I have to organize, relabel and rework to create a happier me. 
I've been having really great hang out sessions with some of my friends, one (food pictured above) was brunch with my lovely friend Jesse. Her and I went to, well, yeah, obviously, The Encinitas Cafe and ate, and ate and ate. The waitress was impressed and told us to come back because we know how to eat. Good thing I was wearing a dress, my stomach would have hated the confines of pants after that delicious meal.
I finally got a chance to hang out with The Brows again. It's been about seven months and let's just make a promise to ourselves (you have really no control over this blog world, but I'm including you anyway) to never let that much time pass again before another hang out. Seriously not cool. But going to The Children's Museum was awesome and getting cupcakes and laughing until I cried at the jokes we made about anything and everything. Much, much needed laughter for an otherwise serious day. 
Rach and I went for Thai food and chatting at this delicious place called The King and I in San Marcos recently. So good. Thai Society in Encinitas is also good for Thai food, I found out a few days later for the second to last family dinner we had before T went back to college.
There's been some drinking, jacuzzi-ing, eating, laughing, watching shows, falling asleep on people's couches and all sorts of other things that happened to normal people when they were younger but I just started experiencing now. 
This summer has been one to remember, full of jobs (3.5), beer, tequila, sun, photoshoots and just all around shenanigans. It's coming to an end though, and with it's end comes a need to buckle down just a little harder. But until then, here's some currently for ya:

Reading: 
Just finished reading: The Hobbit, The Summer We Read Gatsby and Ender's Game. I'm still reading The Girl's Guide to Depravity (funny read, definitely not all serious) and still working through The Fire Starter Sessions.
My next fiction book will probably be The Night Circus and I have checked out Freakonomics and What French Women Know... I don't know if I'm going to end up reading both but we'll see. I have about two more weeks with them before they go back.

Watching: 
Only Pretty Little Liars really, unless I'm at a friends house, then whatever they put on. I bought and watched The Hunger Games with a friend the other day. It was still good the second time, though I didn't cry. Most likely because said friend is a dude and I do my best to never cry around dues, including my dad... though I always end up at least tearing up around my dad. We have tough conversations sometimes. Good, but tough.

Thinking about: 

Moving out, about making money stretch, about setting up new habits, about teaching myself how not to freak out and turn what currently looks like this hard, unpleasant road into a challenge that I can meet, beat and go forth from. 
Making me sad: 

The lack of rain or lower temperatures. I like wearing sweaters, scarves are awesome too. You know what's really awesome? Rain. Yeah, not like constant rain but way more than San Diego rain (which could mean just 5 days of rain really...not even in a row). 
Also, a good friend of mine, Miss Rachael, is leaving for college here soon. Those who work with her have decided it's just not going to be the same without her. There may be tears the day we say goodbye... from our friend Josh. I'll probably not cry until later in bed while eating semi stale rice cakes or something. 
Making me happy: 

I got to see The Brows on Sunday and it's been way, way, way too long. They are fantastic, hilarious people and Baby Brows is growin up. He's more like Talkin' Brows now. Sheesh. I was crying from laughing so hard (a kind of cry I will do around a guy) within 10 minutes of seeing them. It was quite fantastic. 

specific prompts from Sometimes Sweet


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment