Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Day in L.A. - Part One: Santa Monica Pier



Last Sunday Mrs Lisa and I got in the car and took a nice little drive up to Los Angeles. Our main goal was to hit Renegade Craft Fair but I've been meaning to get myself to Santa Monica Pier for ages now so we stopped there first for pictures, burgers and a little self loathing at Muscle Beach. Just kidding, we didn't really go to see Muscle Beach, that just happened to be there... and guys were definitely doing push up on parallel bars. It's cool bro, my maybe once a week exercise routine doesn't feel inadequate at all...
But I digress..
So I drive, we chat, I miss exits due to chatting and eventually we make our way there. I already know that it's a place I will visit again. We stroll down the two lane sidewalk knowing there's an ocean to our left somewhere... but there's so much sand that it's hard to see. This is nothing like Encinitas beaches that take maybe two minutes to cross from parking lot to water. 
We arrive at the pier and decide it's time for food. Burgers are the craving of the day.
We see one burger place but keep walking to find a bathroom first, I mean, nature calls, and happen upon an even better looking burger place. 
I'll just say now, for the record, I'm so glad natured called. It gave us excellent burgers after.
The place: Pier Burger. I thought it might be a tourist trap but while in line I looked at yelp and was surprised to see excellent ratings. We grabbed a table somehow and then got our food. 
It was soooo good. I'm going to say it, please don't stop following me here, it was WAY better than In n Out. Like, I can't even describe how much better. In fact I went to In n Out a couple of days ago just to make sure and the facts help up, Pier Burger is the best. 
Clearly the downfall of the whole thing is that it's in Santa Monica and I obviously live no where near there. 
Definitely an adventure spot for the future.

Food in tummy we walked a little more, saw a cute little malt shop by an indoor carousel and some fabulously painted buildings. We walked back down the two lane walkway passing interesting creatures left and right (and by creatures I mean humans) and took another long look at Muscle Beach. Seriously people? Is it a rule that guys have to have their shirts off here? We swore with our burger and fry filled bellies that we would work out more as we left the sweaty beings behind.

All in all our stay at Santa Monica Pier was not long. But I definitely took some amazing pictures and well, it's been said like 3 times already, had some awesome food and so it was time to move on. Next stop: Renegade Craft Fair... 


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. So fun reading your take on it! And I love how we both mentioned in our own posts about the Push-Ups-On-Parallel-Bars Guy. Too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That move is just intense. I wonder if he thinks about if people are watching him while he's doing them. He's just thinking, yeahhh that's right...I'm that good. Ugh. Crazy work out people.

      Delete