Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Onward and Upward: Six Questions







Since this is the first post I'll explain a little. Onward and Upward is a new series where I explore my thoughts, wishes, dreams and other things. It's a little bit of introspection and a lot a bit goal sharing. Sometimes I will find questions from another blog post, sometimes from books... feel free to join me in answering the questions or even leave some that have helped you in your day to day life.  

I filled out these questions months ago and I kept putting off publishing them in a post. But I kept coming back to read the, and I liked my answers and they didn't change much over the months. So here they are, feel free to answer your own.

I don't remember where I got these from, if you know shoot me a comment and I'll link back!

1. What do I absolutely love in life?
reading, photography, toy photography, some old things like trinkets and memorabilia, looking good and put together, freshly washed, cut and dyed hair, new piercings, new tattoos, a good conversation with a friend, plans, a new love interest, feeling wanted, feeling appreciated, feeling attractive, dancing, feeling strong, feeling smart, feeling necessary, feeling creative, sharing something great with others, making the perfect recommendation...

2. What are my greatest accomplishments in life so far?
- Daphne Loves Derby at The Epicentre selling 300+ tickets which then led to my boss getting them booked and the show selling out.
- Graduating college cum laude
- being a part of a kick ass essay writing team for the Media Literacy class, the essay was entered into a competition
- getting through the hard winter in Portland

3. What would I stand for if I knew no one would judge me?
Write, make art, paint, run my own business, teach classes, train dolphins, life coach, plan events, blog for money, be a nude model for an art class

4. If my life had absolutely no limits and I could have it all and do whatever I wanted what would I choose to have and what would I choose to do?
Friends, family, time with both, enough money to live comfortably and send my child to college.
If this started tomorrow I would move into a one bedroom in San Francisco and start writing for online and in print publications. I would travel around, take pictures, go to seminars, blog, learn, teach, share, make blankets, read, drink tea, cook new things sometimes in a clean and bright kitchen. I would learn piano and Spanish and see the sun and I would have a perfect wardrobe of classic pieces. I would be able to fit my life (sans bed, desk, nightstand and a couch) into my car to move. I would have a clean house with a beautifully made bed, whites, grays, dark blues and a tad of yellow. I would have a kitten and a boyfriend. I would have a pole to train on and a studio to go to and I would perform at least a couple of times a year. I would be strong but constantly working to be stronger and more flexible, to improve in several types of dance outside of pole (contemporary, tango, shakira type... hip hop).
My sleeve would be under way not at a complete halt. I don't need anything to be there immediately I just want progress and right now I still feel that I am at a stand still. I would have time to take pictures weekly, adventures to go on, prints to sell...

5. What would I do if I had one billion dollars?
Move to SF
Book my 6 month trip to Argentina to study spanish and photography
Come back and study more photography on the east coast
Live in a beach house on the east coast and write
exercise
Visit, if not live in, Nashville Tennessee
Take classes on graphic design, photoshop, painting, writing, finance
All the places I would want to live in wouldn't be 70's style, they will have a decent view, big windows, good window coverings, access to pole classes and exercise studios, a nice bathtub, natural light in every room. A room for a pole.

6. Who do I admire most in the world?
Lauren Conrad
- down to earth (seems like), true to self,
Dad
- hard worker
- dedicated
- determined
- stable minded
Tara
- lives her life with little apology for who she is
Emma Stone
- funny, smart, pretty, talented, multi faceted, down to earth
Hayley Williams
- great voice, great attitude, powerhouse voice
Zooey Deschanel
-funny, quirky, cute, smart, talented, charismatic

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment