Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day: A Playlist


Dearest Readers,

I'm going to be really honest with you right here and now. I don't have a Valentine... I haven't had one since my Sophomore year in High School. That year was awesome as far as Valentine's Day goes. He asked me out two days before and then on Valentine's Day bought me 12 roses AND a HUGE teddy bear. Seriously, going to be hard to top that. ;)
But, since then my life has been devoid of suitors on V-day.

OH MY GOODNESS, NOT TRUE!!!

Okay, I lied, so much for being really honest huh?! I did have one other awesome Valentine's Day a couple of years back. I met up with this guy I was casually seeing and we went to Ruby's in Oceanside on the pier and just hung out. Of course his friend was with us but seriously, it was still awesome, low key, fun, etc. So, I take it back, I've had two awesome (male) valentines.

But getting back to my point. I get a little bitter around this "holiday" and it's not because I think it's a Hallmark Holiday or anything like that. Believe me, if I had a significant or even not that significant other I'd be jumping for joy. But alas I don't and seeing people get all mushy and such makes me heart go a little black.

I want that to change! I figure in order for me to deserve another good Valentine's Day in the future I have to shed this bitterness and have fun.

So here goes, in honor of Valentine's Day I put together a playlist of songs that just make me smile. They are usually the ones I go to when I have a crush or start dating someone I quite like.

Enjoy!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Playlist (in no particular order):
Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
Remember to Breathe, So Impossible and Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional
The Girl, As Much As I Ever Could and We Found Each Other In the Dark by City and Colour
Starry Eyed by Ellie Goulding
Wonderwall - Cover by Ryan Adams
Look After You - The Fray
First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes
Ours, Enchanted, Today Was a Fairytale - Taylor Swift
The Only Exception - Paramore
You Have My Attention - Copeland
Have Faith In Me - A Day To Remember
Make Me Proud and Good Ones Go -Drake
Pistol - Dustin Kensrue
Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Give Into Me - Garett Hudland and Leighton Meister
She Paints Me Blue - Something Corporate
The Fear You Won't Fall - Joshua Radin
I'll Be Yr Bird - M. Ward
The Story So Far - New Found Glory
Nothing Like You and I - The Perishers
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
I Loved the Way She Said L.A. - Spitalfield
Best of Me - The Starting Line
The Tension and the Terror - Straylight Run


Happy Valentine's Day!

extra x's and o's

2 comments:

  1. i cant find your email address, but you had me at spitalfield!
    'the only thing that matters' is still one of my favorite songs!
    and i LOVED straylights first album.

    lets be friends!!

    ReplyDelete