Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hipstamatic Disposible



When I first heard Hipstamatic was changing up their program a bit and getting more social I got really excited... and immediately downloaded the new app.
I didn't even know what exactly had to happen in order for it to work, all I knew was that there was a new camera function and I could have it for free!

FREE!

So I downloaded it... and started to use it. And that's when I realized that you don't get to see the pictures until your whole roll is used.
At first I thought "awe man!" but then I moved on to, "yes, that makes sense... it's a 'disposable' camera."
I thought about adding friends and starting a camera with them, I asked one of the three friends listed as possibilities and still (a month later) have yet to receive a reply. I am definitely not as cool as I thought I was.

Recently I went to lunch with my friend S.Freckles and remembered the camera I had yet to finish. This happens from time to time. I remember it, take more pictures and then forget about it for weeks.
This time I finished a roll and was so super excited. I told S about it and she wanted to share a camera with me. That's when the biggest bummer of the app was revealed.

Ms. Freckles doesn't have a Facebook. I applaud her for this though years ago I questioned the decision over and over again. Because she doesn't have a Facebook I can't share a camera with her.

Are we serious Hipstamatic? You can only share cameras through Facebook? Where is the fun in that? What if I don't want it connected to my Facebook? What if I no longer want a Facebook? What if I rely solely on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter for my friend needs. Why can't we have a camera connected by twitter?

So now, though my pictures came out not too bad, I am bummed on this camera sharing app. I think I'm going to put using it on hold until they find another way to share cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment