Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happily Wasted


Ohhhh Happy Sunday! Does anybody ever get excited for Sunday or does Monday loom to clearly in the distance? I like Sundays. I like their laziness (except for when I want to go somewhere and everyone is driving slow), the calm before the storm of the week. It's a time to get everything planned, get loose ends taken care of or that last work out in for the week. (Truth be told I only did 2 this week... must get more movement in next week.)
 This week went by fast as they all do now. Sometimes I stress about letting time get away from me. And then other times I just choose not to think about it. 
I did manage to get out of the house for something other than work more than once this week! I'd say I get a gold star for that. I also cleaned and organized my room. I fixed some of the small things that were driving me crazy on a daily basis and now when I walk into my room I feel calm. It's amazing what a few small little changes can do. Seriously. You should try it some time. Just pick two seemingly small things that have been bugging you for months (things that wouldn't take that long to fix but also don't seem like THAT big of a deal compared to everything else... and fix them. Mine were squeaky doors, a always messy nightstand and a rug that just wouldn't stay flat. 
The doors were sprayed with WD-40 and instantly the squeaks were gone, the nightstand and desk were reorganized and situated so there was more space on both... and the rug was moved to a better place. 
Oh yes, and I made my bed after I woke up this morning. It's AMAZING what a made bed can bring to a room.

Well, I'll get off that pedestal for now... here are some links!!!

Gentleman (and ladies if you so choose) date a girl who reads!
Another awesome planner idea by Kyla Roma!
Wonderful tips for outside picture taking.
Wednesday was one of my biggest style icon's birthday!!! Happy bday Lauren Conrad. (yup, that happened)
Geometric photo art... yes please!
Excellent college tips
Wants instead of shoulds
This trip sounds awesome and fantastic and I'm a wee bit jealous!!!
Layering tasks vs multitasking... yeah, I've been doing that already. I think that deserves another gold star!

xoxo

2 comments: