Monday, February 13, 2012

52 photos in 52 weeks: Week 6

This picture owns the rest from the week, hands down!

I can't believe it's the 6th week of this already. I mean, I guess I can, but it's all going by so fast. Something I probably mention a lot. It seems like one day it's Monday and the hour won't go fast enough and then all of a sudden it's Thursday and then it's Sunday. I mean, I know the days in between happen and sometimes Wednesday is more poignant in my mind, but it's all relative just the same every week.

Makes me think of one of my absolute favorite quotes (just in time for Valentine's Day!)
 When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute -- then it's longer than any hour. That's relativity!   
-Albert Einstein
I remember reading this quote (though I swore it was part of a poem, guess not) when I was in high school and immediately loving it. That and Gary Soto's Oranges. The simplicity of young love in Oranges made me swoon during those times of hormone swings. Who am I kidding, it still does! :)

Anywho, there were some runner ups, mostly because of the situations, not so much the pictures themselves.


Sunday Dad and I went to see the Titanic exhibit at The Natural History Museum in Balboa Park. The wait was a bit long and the journey was a bit slow (dang slow readers!) but the day itself was incredibly enjoyable. Dad and I first went and had sushi for lunch, then went to the museum and then sat by the big fountain between the Natural History Museum and Ruben H. Fleet. Despite our differences through the years (yay teenage hormones and trying to figure out who I was!!!) we really are two peas in a pod. Where we differ, we differ greatly but where we are the same, we are exact. I'm at a loss for what else to say right this minute, but I guess I could just simply state that getting time to hang out one on one again was awesome. We haven't had a outing like that in a long time.


I took this while waiting in line for the Titanic exhibit. I like how the shark looks like it's about to eat that man and that boy. Rad.


Me and the bestest little kitty in the world. She's a nutter, very strange thing, but she gets really lovey and she's so soft and, well, she's just a doll. Oh baby Saki. I love you lots.

This week I will make an effort to take more picture with my actual camera instead of my phone. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment